Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins

Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins

So, I had to pause in reading the Virals series. I love a good suspense as much as anyone, but Lord love me, I just can't take all the plot weaving that Kathy Reichs cooks up.

So let's get pink, shall we?

[ x X x ]

Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.

[ x X x ]

I've never read anything from Rachel Hawkins, but I'm pretty excited about this, and I fully expect for her to make good on her promise of "snappy banter". I'm a sucker for some good banter and an absolute nutjob for some raging sarcasm.